Skip NavigationView Sitemap

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why hire Alana Tax Group?
Professionalism: If you are on this website, the chances are, you are an individual or a business owner who is having trouble with the IRS or other taxing authority. This means that, at least right now, either the state or the federal government officials are your opponents in a battle that could be as devastating to you as a disaster such as a tornado or fire. Whatever the reason for your tax problems may be, it is an intimidating place to be on your own. You need tax experts. Alana Tax Group were founded on a commitment to professionalism and customer service that remains the core of our business philosophy today. We pride ourselves on providing the “big firm” service, while retaining the “small firm” attention to detail and personalized level of client service. Our web site is a reflection of our belief in serving the client and providing an exceptional tax resolution experience. Affordability: Being a boutique tax firm, we provide “big firm” quality services at small firm rates. Accessibility: Our Company is run by highly experienced tax professionals who are instantly accessible to everyone of our clients. Once you become our client, we guarantee that your questions and concerns will be addressed and resolved promptly and efficiently.

Q: What if I received Notice of Federal Levy?
If you have received this notice it is likely that something had gone really wrong with your taxes and you had not taken any actions to resolve the problem. Call us 1-855-472-8294 immediately to discuss your options. Read more

Q: What if my bank account was levied by IRS?
The IRS bank levy attaches only to funds in your account at the time your bank processes the levy. Any future deposits that you make are not subject to the levy once it has been processed. The IRS would have to send a brand new levy to get money out of your account again. Call us 1-855-472-8294 immediately to have your current bank levy released and prevent other potential levies. Read more

Q: What if my salary or 1099 income is being garnished by IRS?
Wage garnishment is a serious matter. The IRS can use a wage levy to garnish up to 70 percent of a taxpayer’s wages. A wage levy may also cause the loss of employment. Please call us at 1-855-472-8294 immediately to have your wage levy released. Read more

Q: What if a tax lien has been placed on my property?
If your tax bill is unpaid, a Federal Tax Lien is probably on its way. Call our tax experts immediately at 1-855-472-8294 to discuss your options. Read more

Q: What is an Offer in Compromise?
An offer in compromise (OIC) is an agreement between a taxpayer and the Internal Revenue Service that settles the taxpayer’s tax liability for less than the full amount owed. Read more

Q: What if I do not qualify for an Offer in Compromise?
If you do not qualify for an offer in compromise, there are several other options available to resolve your outstanding tax debt, such as an installment agreement. An Installment Agreement is a payment arrangement in which the IRS permits a taxpayer to pay delinquent tax liabilities over time in installments. If you cannot afford to make monthly payments and do not qualify for another type of tax relief, such as an Offer in Compromise, our tax team can help you request that the IRS place your account in a “currently not collectible” status. Once an account is classified as “currently not collectible” by the IRS, it will discontinue enforcement action and release any levies already in place. Please call us 1-855-472-8294 for help. Read more

Q: What if I have unfilled tax returns?
Filing a past year return may not be as difficult as you think and it may save you a lot of money. Call us to consult with our expert CPAs 1-855-472-8294. Read more

Q: What if I received Federal Notice of Deficiency?
“Notice of Deficiency” means that the IRS is about to assess a deficiency in tax against the taxpayer. The taxpayer has only 90 days to file a claim in U.S. Tax Court to contest a proposed assessment. A notice of deficiency should never be ignored. Our attorneys are here to assist you with your notice of deficiency. Please call 1-855-472-8294. Read more

Q: What if my tax returns have been audited?
The audit process begins when you receive a letter stating that your tax return has been selected for an examination. The moment you receive notice of an examination is the right moment to seek legal counsel. To ensure that you are properly represented in your audit, contact Alana Tax Group at 1-855-472-8294. Read more

Q: What if I have been served with the Tax Summons?
A summons is a powerful enforcement tool and is generally issued when the IRS has attempted and failed to obtain the information from the taxpayer through voluntary means. If you have been summoned by the IRS, call us 1-855-472-8294 immediately for help. Read more

Q: I need legal representation in Tax Court, can you help?
Our tax attorneys, admitted to practice law before the United States Tax Court and the Federal District Courts, will be able to represent you. Call us to schedule a free consultation 1-855-472-8294 Read more

Q: My husband and I file joint tax returns, will I be liable for the taxes due?
Many married taxpayers choose to file a joint tax return because of certain benefits this filing status allows. Both taxpayers are jointly and individually responsible for the tax and any interest or penalty due on the joint return even if they later divorce. In some cases, a spouse (or former spouse) will be relieved of the tax, interest, and penalties on a joint tax return. One of the types of relief that is available to married persons who filed joint returns is Innocent Spouse Relief. Please call Alana Tax Group at 1-855-472-8294 to check if you qualify. Read more

Back to top